The champagne is hardly dried in the locker rooms at the ESPN Wide World of Sports complex in Orlando, Florida. Just slightly over two months ago, the NBA crowned the Los Angeles Lakers Champions of the 2019-2020 Season on October 11, 2020.
Without delay to retain a normal schedule again the NBA has released the 2020-2021 Preseason schedule.
Per the NBA:
- Each NBA team will play a minimum of two and a maximum of four games as part of the league’s 49-game preseason schedule.
- Every team will play at least one home game and one road game in the preseason
Friday – December 11, 2020 Schedule
- Orlando Magic @ Atlanta Hawks – 7:00 PM EST – TV: League Pass
- New York Knicks @ Detroit Pistons – 7:00 PM EST – TV: League Pass
- Houston Rockets @ Chicago Bulls – 8:00 PM EST – TV: NBA TV
- LA Clippers @ LA Lakers – 10:00 PM EST – TV: League Pass
- Sacramento Kings @ Portland Trailblazers – 10:30 PM EST – TV: ESPN
December 11, 2020, kicks off with five games. Two games are Nationally televised games. The Portland Trailblazers will host the Sacramento Kings on ESPN. Tip-off is scheduled for 10:30 PM EST. The Houston Rockets will be in Chicago for an 8 PM EST tip-off on NBATV.
TNT will resume coverage on December 15th, 2020 showcasing two games. The Boston Celtics will travel to Philadelphia and play the 76ers in a 7:30 PM EST tip-off. The later game will feature the Warriors visiting Sacramento in a 10:00. PM EST tip-off against the Kings.
The Los Angeles Lakers have four preseason games while the Miami HEAT will only play two games. The HEAT will not leave the state of Florida until New Year’s day when they visit the Dallas Mavericks.
Miami will play their two preseason games in Miami and Tampa (where they will visit the Raptors). Miami opens their season in Orlando and will host the Pelicans, and Bucks twice before 2020 ends.
Finally, Preseason will conclude on Saturday, December 19th, 2020 as the NBA prepares to start the 2020-2021 Season on December 22, 2020.
- Shoot or Pass Podcast – Episode 54: 2021 NBA All-Star Break
- 2020-2021 NBA Season Standings
- The Baseline Bet – Daily Picks
- The NBA Top Shot guide for the clueless
- J.J. Watt and the Arizona Cardinals agree to 2-year deal
- Conference Tournament Zeros to NCAA Tournament Heroes