- The biggest news comes out of Tallahassee, Florida where Quarterback Deondre Francios is announced out of the season. Francios was sacked in the fourth quarter in the 24-7 loss again Alabama. As he came up gingerly he could not apply any pressure to his left knee. Reports later confirmed he has a torn left patellar tendon that will need surgery. The estimated recovery time will be seven months.Source: ESPN News Services
- ICYMI: UCLA comes back from a 34-point deficit to defeat Texas A&M. Quarterback Josh Rosen had five consecutive touchdowns in the second-half which helped lead the comeback.
- To make matters worse for the Texas A&M Aggies, a regent calls for the firing of Kevin Sumlin after the meltdown in week one. After a short message on Facebook, the regent advises, “In my view, he should go now. We owe it to our school and our players. We can do better.”
- While Florida State lost their Quarterback, Alabama lost a pair of OLBs with season ending injuries in their 24-7 victory. Terrell Lewis (elbow injury) and Christian Miller (torn biceps) both suffered season-ending injuries
Source: Alex Scarborough of ESPN
- Despite being pulled in the second half of the game against Michigan, Feleipe Franks will be the starter in week two according to Gators Head Coach Jim McElwain. Frank was replaced by Malik Zaire in the second half as the Gators offense still struggled.
Baseline Times Media LLC is not affiliated with the MLB, NBA, NFL, NCAA sports, and any other respective organization. All logos and team names referenced are properties of their respective organizations and universities. All opinions and views shared solely represent those of the author and not that of the MLB, NBA, NFL, NCAA, or any other sports organization.
Baseline Times Media LLC also does not claim to own any image on the site that is not of original authorship by its members. All images on Baseline Times Media LLC have been best sourced and cited to the best of the editorial team and the author. If a source was unable to be found it has been assumed to be public domain and free use. If you feel that one of your images has been used without your permission on this site, please contact us so we can properly cite it or have it removed.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any issues.